Following months of consultation with the plant hire industry and utilities contractors, Rhinox identified that many contractors are insisting that buckets are now used without any teeth fitted to reduce the chance of cable strikes.
It is estimated that 60,000 underground cable strikes occur every year, which puts the machine operators at serious risk of injury or death, and can cost businesses millions of pounds in associated damages and compensation.
Rhinox recognised the importance of protecting lives but also identified another issue that plant hire companies were facing; using buckets without teeth was causing maintenance costs substantially increase!
• No sharp edges - Reducing the risk of utility strikes.
• Large surface area - Large surface area means very efficient digging.
• Maximises strength - Sidecutter style tooth locks the side plates and the lip plates together.
• Heat treated - Heat treated cast steel extends the life of the tooth considerably.
• Fully replaceable - Bolt-on / bolt-off design means you can quickly replace the tooth instead of replacing the full bucket.
PLANTWORX 2017 Safety Innovation Award Winner!